Sunday, September 2, 2012

Buh-bye Sweet Summertime

Well that was a short 7 week break! Sheesh. We're definitely not ready for school to start again. But we excited for all the new adventures awaiting:) We'll start the semester September 10th. I can't believe it's September already. It'll be a year ago this month that I saw Tayler for the first time and have been pretty much smitten ever since. ;)


Beginning of August, we spent a week with my family up at Wallowa Lake, Oregon. We had so much fun! We stayed in a 14-person cabin and played every day with the whole family. Fishing, go-karts, bumper boats, ice cream, smores, hiking, gondola ride, and tons of quality family time.
The next week was spent with Tayler's side of the family. For the first few days we went backpacking up at Pamelia Lake in Oregon. Unlucky for me, I got the Hand, Foot, and Mouth virus while there. Sooo gross... and painful. That lasted for about 2 weeks. But aside from that, we had so much fun up in Sherwood at Tayler's house. He had a blast hanging out with all the guys playing paintball, golf, and ping-pong. And I had a blast spending time with the girls. We had a day full of girl stuff, including their annual tea party. Way fun:) We painted our nails, went to Pittock Mansion, got all dressed up, had a yummy tea party, and to top it off, watched Pride and Prejudice.

Overall, great vacation with our families. And we loved every second of it. :)


This week is my last week working maintenance for the off campus housing. I'm still searching for that fall semester job. Gahhh, SO FRUSTRATING! Tayler will continue to work on campus.


Just recently, I've started getting into the whole crafty DIY stuff. There's just too many cute things on Pinterest! I did a craft night with a couple girl friends where we got giant letters and designed them with puffy paint and aluminum foil. And then this weekend I made a chalkboard out of chalkboard vinyl, a picture frame, and chalk marker.




Oh, and warm chocolate chip cookies topped with ice cream and hot fudge:) Mmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment